Friday, September 25, 2009

one year later

The following school year during math class I was working with the same student. There were three other students in the class with us at the time. Out of nowhere he burst into an uncontrolled laughter.
"What's so funny?" I asked.
He couldn't contain himself. He was laughing so hard he was almost crying, which made me laugh eventhou I had no idea what the hell he was luaghing at. And this went on for a few minutes. Then the other kids in the room started to laugh and they didn't know why either. For reasons unknown to everyone but the student who initially started laughing we were all laughing hysterically.

"Can I talk to you in the "time-out" room," he asked.
I agreed, but snce it wasn't urgent we waited until the period was over. When the bell rang he was still giggling like an idiot...so was I. We walked across the hall to a private room.
"OK...you probably don't remember this, but i'll tell you anyway. remember last year when I got my PSP taken away?"
As soon as he said that I remembered! "I don't want to hear this!"
"No it's not bad he," he said, "but I found out that it wasn't a back messager."
YEAH NO SHIT! I didn't know what to tell him this point. Then he went on the explain how he found out that it wasn't a back massager and what it really was.

"Ken and his sister were over my house," he was laughing as he tried to talk, "and Ken's sister started to talk about...sex"

"Enough! I don't want to know anymore. We have school work to do." He laughed some more.

"Have you ever heard of a VA-brater? (pronounced Vuh!-Bra-ter?) It's for girls...I think."

"Oh my God...this isn't for school," I said, "and we're not having this conversation."

"Just listen! This is gross!!!! Oh man I can't believe it...I took apart my mom's Vuh-brater. After Ken's sister told me what it was...or for. I went inside and flipped out on my mom."

"WHAT?!" What were you thinking?" I asked...almost stunned. He continued on.

"I ran inside and yelled at her...I said what the heck is wrong with you woman?" he was explaining his confrontation with his mother. He explained how she had no idea what he was talking about. And they had company over! His aunt and his mom's on-again, off-again boyfriend!!!!! I didn't want to hear it his story but I couldn't stop listening at the same time...it was like a car accident. I didn't want to look but I had to. For some reason...the whole family thought it was the funniest thing that had ever happend!

I asked, "What would possess you to do that? Infront of company????"

He explained. "At first I was pissed...Ken's sister told me you shove that thing in your ass and stuff," he was laughing hysterically, "and I was like ewww that things was up my mom's ass!!! I ran in the house and said HOW DARE YOU????"

All I could do was sit there and listen at this point...I was speechless. He kept going.

"She was like...what are you talking about? And I said...that thing...the thing...Bzzzzzzzzzz bzzzzzzzz thing...

Apparently his mom had already told her sister and her boyfriend what had happend. It didn't take long for them to figure out what he was talking about. And then they all sat around making jokes about not needing the boyfriend around, which my student didn't understand. He asked me to explain some of his mom's jokes...HELL NO!! I told him I didn't get them either

"I can't hear anymore," I said. He tried to keep going but I kept cutting him off after that. I begged him never to repeat that story to anyone.

We had to wait in the "time-out" room until he could control himself..which took a few minutes.

"Oh....I can't believe it! That's SO GROSS!!!!!! I'm never even going in her room again," he said laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment