Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Health Class Situation.

One afternoon I recieved a call in my classroom from the health teacher.
"We have a health class situation!" And she hung up.
A few moments later the health teacher. Mrs. C...I'll call her Mrs. C because this evil pig is rotten and I can't bring myself to type out the whole "C word"

She was standing at the door with one of my students, Bob. Bob was my one of my favorites. He was diagnosed with Asperger's...a form of autism. He was the best! He was terribly shy and socially awkward.

"Look at this!" she barked. And she shoved two worksheets at me. I looked over the worksheets for less than a second. The worksheets were cartoonish diagrams of the male and female anatomy. They took up almost an entire 8 1/2 by 11 inch page. There were lines pointing to certain areas that the students had to identify. I looked at this for a second and was embarassed.

Bob pushed his way into my room, marched to his desk and put his head down. "Thats what he did in the middle of my class!" Mrs. C stated.

"Bob gets a little shy sometimes," I said.
"Oh...grow up," she snapped.
"Would you like me to work onit with him?"
With that she stormed off. I turned to go talk with Bob...trying not to giggle. This worksheet was ridiculous! It was a giant male weiner and an upskirt shot of a female part...as if an artist drew it while a woman was standing directly over him. There was even a line pointing to the anus for Bob to lable!
"Hey, are you OK now?"
"NO! that's freakin' gross...and the whole class was laughing and pointing to parts."
Even thou he was 17 years old socially Bob was still very immature.
Then my door flew open. Mrs. C stormed in, slammed some crayons on Bob's desk. "Here's the materials he has this period to finish it. I'm grading whatever he has done," and the c-word stormed back out of the room.

"Do I have to do this?" Bob asked...starting to laugh now.
"Yep, do you need help?" I did not want to help. I couldn't even look at the stupid worksheets without laughing and getting red in the face.
Bob laughed some more. "Oh my God! That lady wants us to label the parts and color in...something!"

Bob had his moments. He was my favorite. He helped me after school with stuff and we had the best time in class. I offered to get him a health book so he could cheat a little, but he declined. The two of us made jokes about being embarassed. I sat at my desk while he sat at his. He went right to work occasionally looking up at the ceiling and laughing at how stupid the work sheet was.

About 5 minutes before the period ended Bob asked for a pass to go back to health to turn his work in. As soon as the bell rang for classes to change Mrs. C came flying back into the room again.

"Do you think this is funny!" And she threw the worksheets at me.
"Do I think what is funny? You walking in here and shooting your mouth off? No I don't think that's very funny."

With that she stormed out of the room. I finished what I was doing as some of my students started to enter the room. Another student picked up Bob's work sheets and put them on my desk. That was when I saw what she was so heated about.
Bob had colored the entire male member blue and mislabled some of the parts. Nothing really bad. On the line pointing to the balls he wrote...tentacles. No big deal.

The female part....he colored all brown except for the center part with he colored bright red. Some of the parts were labeled incorrectly. I know this because Mrs. C had circled them in red marker. The words she had circled were. "Nose"...that was written on the line pointing to the clitoris. "Lips"...was on the line for the labia. AND.....Butt Hole on the line pointing to the anus......

At the end of the day the vice princiapl came up to the room to talk about what had happened. He knew Bob and he knew that the kids in my class were emotionally disturbed. He was totally cool with what Bob did. The kid didn't do it with bad intentions...it was just a bullshit assignemnt and the teacher was a c-word. The vice principal was laughing so hard he couldn't even talk. Apparently Mrs. C was so offended by what Bob had turned in she wanted him punished severely.

Bob's work became something of an underground cult object that other teachers wants to see very badly!

She was a c-word!

No comments:

Post a Comment